Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Wise County Power Plant

  1. #101
    Inactive Member 77endzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2007
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County Power Plant

    Thank you from one hick to another. I live in St. Paul across from where this is being built. This is motivated by greed and politics. I, for one, am not staying around here. We're selling out and I'm moving from the dust, smoke, dirty water, and the health issues that will eventually arise. Hmmm, wonder if an old, dusty geological report is laying around somewhere?

  2. #102
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County Power Plant

    There are 45,000 residents in the Town of Kingsport, TN with two major polluters and a couple other industrial facilities all located right in town and you don't see people being killed off right and left due to "health issues" do ya?

    When in God's name did we get so many "tree huggers" in our area. If it wasn't for coal and other business that use coal 95% of your asses wouldn't even be here. Face the facts, our community is driven by coal, sure we have developed some other ways to boost the economy (telecommunication, IT companies, and the two state prisons) but it all related back to coal because that is what this area is founded on and it will be until your childrens, childrens, childrens, childrens, youngins are still here.
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  3. #103
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County Power Plant

    If dust, smoke, and dirty water are your concern, it seems to me like you would have been gone a long time ago...lol. And PVFAN, when Westmoreland left Wise Co., they claimed that all of the coal they could mine for profit was gone....funny that several other mines sprung up to mine the same shafts that Westmoreland abandoned....and they do turn a profit. So I guess it's whoever you want to listen to.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #104
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise County Power Plant

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If dust, smoke, and dirty water are your concern, it seems to me like you would have been gone a long time ago...lol. And PVFAN, when Westmoreland left Wise Co., they claimed that all of the coal they could mine for profit was gone....funny that several other mines sprung up to mine the same shafts that Westmoreland abandoned....and they do turn a profit. So I guess it's whoever you want to listen to. </div></div>
    WCCO ditched their retirees- it was costing them 6 bucks per hour per worker just for those folks medical. That took a huge chunk of WCCO profit margin. The same stock holders own Penn Va - they still make the cash, they didn't go anywhere, just put the money in another pocket. The lack of the paid days, retiree medical, and lower wages have a lot to do with Gilliam mining the seams WCCO left.

  5. #105
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County Power Plant

    One huge gripe is about we are getting this thing like it or not. We are getting it. We cant get a school board to be this final. But we are getting this power plant. I dont think we need it. But I dont think we need alot of stuff around here. I believe always question what you hear. Don't believe much of what you hear, til answers are provided.
    GO VOLS

  6. #106
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County Power Plant

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm all for bringing in industry but to me there are cleaner alternatives that can provide just as many jobs.</div></div>

    No "industry" is going to be clean enough for the environmentalist wing in this area. It could be a friggin hemp factory and they'd still be complaining and protesting that hemp fibers would float in the air and hang to our lungs like asbestos.

    Critically look at it w/o an environmentalist lean and then come back and talk to me. </div></div>

    Hyperbole! LOL. Glass houses.
    GO VOLS

  7. #107
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise County Power Plant

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One huge gripe is about we are getting this thing like it or not. We are getting it. We cant get a school board to be this final. But we are getting this power plant. I dont think we need it. But I dont think we need alot of stuff around here. I believe always question what you hear. Don't believe much of what you hear, til answers are provided. </div></div>
    Yeah, that is what I'm doing. I'm thinking a new plant will pollute less than an old one. I'm thinking jobs are good. I like it. I need electricity, I'm gonna use it to run the house and mine I work at. And I'm questioning why anyone would not want it. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #108
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise County Power Plant

    I'm with Spuds.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •